Friday, November 19, 2010

"I saw the Sign and it opened up my Eyes, I saw the Sign..."

Those of you that really know me know that music has always played a big role in my life. This fight is no exception. Plus it helps explain the reason why you will see a lot of lyrics on my pages. Music tells the story of our lives...and this is just another chapter.

But yesterday I did see a sign. I actually saw a lot of signs. But they all filled my with joy and helped me to realize things are going to be ok. We are faced with some temporary pain and sadness so that we may have a lifetime of love and laughter.

Yesterday was a great day for both Eric and myself. On Wednesday night our friends Dianne and Kelly came up with Dianne's son Jack. Jack leaves Eric the cutest messages, and I knew seeing the lil guy would really lift his spirits. So Wednesday night I left the hospital around 8 and met the crew at the hotel. The adults had several libations (which I paid for the next day...) and stayed up laughing. I needed a laugh, it had been a really tough week.

My mom decided on Wednesday night that she was going to venture up to NY with Logan so he could see Eric and I. It was perfect! This way I knew we could see Eric and then take the boys (and girls) on the town. So my Mom drove to Hamilton station in NJ, took a train and 2 buses with Logan to see us! If any of you now my Mom that is huge! She met, Dianne, Kelly, and I at the hospital. Eric got to see Logan and laugh at Jack, as well as spend some time with Dianne (another Officer in the 2nd) and Kelly.

But it keeps getting better! Around 1pm who shows up but Eric's Sergeant Jay, Lieutenant Tom, and "handler" Stan! Eric's Supervisors in the 2nd Dist are true class! How nice of them to take a day to come visit him so far away. As soon as he saw them his face lit up. And them coming gave me the opportunity to spend the day with Logan. The guys stayed until about 4, and Eric was so happy to see them! Thank you so much guys!

So off we went, My mom, Logan, Kelly, Dianne, Jack and I venturing through NYC. We walked from E67th and York to W34th and 7th...almost 3 miles. But we took in the sights of 5th Ave and and the Xmas Decorations, Rockefeller Square Times Square, Toy r Us (where Dianne was awesome and bought Logan a birthday present because he could not make up his mind between 2 items), and finally ended up at a Miracle on 34th Street...Macy's.


Anyone who knows my Father knows that Miracle of 34th Street is his favorite movie of all time. We watch it every Christmas for as long as I can remember. My dad loves Christmas, you can see the Twinkle in his eyes the closer it gets. And to him Miracle on 34th Street IS Christmas.He was the one who actually told me that's where Macy's was located. For those not familiar here is a trailer:

Miracle is so many things, but above all its about the power of the human spirit, and ones ability to Believe, despite all obstacles.

I had seen on the news that Macy's had revealed there Christmas Windows. I wasn't sure what it was but I really wanted to see them. When I turned the corner at Herald's Square, much to my delight I saw that Miracle on 34th Street was this years theme! The window glare made it hard to take pictures, but it was amazing...



We continued along 34th Street looking at the windows when I looked up to see the Christmas Lights. My eyes filled with tears and a smile slowly came across my face...it was a sign. On the 34th St side of Macy's, in huge writing, was the word "Believe". And it was at that point that I truly realized that things are going to be ok. It's not going to be easy, and there are going to be many obstacle along the way, and of course there are going to be those low moments when we are going to want to give up...That's life. And to think that those things won't happen, or that there will be days of self-pity and depression is insane. But when I looked up at that stately building on Herald Square and saw those beautiful words, I knew that eventually every thing will be ok. Like little Susan, even when I have warranted doubts, I just has to let go...and Believe...

2 comments:

  1. Jeaneane,

    This blog is abseloutely beautiful. I cried reading it. My heart and my prayers go out to you and your family. I will believe with you to make it a stronger energy. God Bless you and the love and strength you have for your husband. He is lucky to have you and you are lucky to have him. He is a strong man who protects us, without a doubt, now God will protect him. Much Love! Tia Borelli and Family. We all are praying for you and thinking of you everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeaneane,

    It's so important to see the signs, the silver linings, the joys that still occur all around you. There will be so many difficult days but there will also be days like this one, days that help you continue to Believe and stay strong. I look forward to reading your posts and will keep you and Eric in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete