Monday, November 8, 2010

Now she's getting a tattoo, yeah, she's getting ink done...

She asked for a 13 but they drew a 31!

Much to the disappointment of my Mother, if she ever finds out, I did get another tattoo yesterday. Like the other 3 tattoos I have, this one has meaning. This one, by far, is the most meaningful to me. (Short tat history: First tat was a Sun representing endless summer,2nd tat was done at Miami Ink on my honeymoon-I got a celtic Love knot, 3rd tattoo was a phrase in Gaelic- "Aon grá amháin, fíor is síor" that means "One Love, True and Eternal").

When Eric was diagnosed a few short weeks ago, I immediately thought of Phillies legend Tug McGraw...that man never gave up. "Ya Gotta Believe" was he trademark saying both on the field and when he was battling cancer...I draw on him for inspiration...BELIEVE...




But this one is my symbol of strength and represents my dedication to Eric. I had the Colon Cancer Awareness Symbol tattooed on my upper back/shoulder area. I had asked Eric to write the word "Believe" in his script on a piece of paper. Underneath the colon cancer symbol, Believe was tattooed. The love of my life will be a part of me forever.

Jim Sloane at Pop's Place made the experience extra meaningful. He made sure both Eric and I were part of the design, and had Eric place the stencil on me. He even took the time to take pictures for us. What an Ace! When Eric beats cancer, Jim said he can't wait to tat on him, "Told you I'd beat this!" I can't wait for that day.


Jim, thank you so much for creating an incredible memory for Eric and I. And thank you for the beautiful tattoo. But more then anything, thank you for your prayers and support.

Blogger wont let me add a picture right now...I will when I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment