Wednesday, January 18, 2012

So take a deep breath, pick yourself up, start all over again

Now nothing's impossible, I've found for when my chin is on the ground,
I pick myself up, dust myself off, and start all over again.
Don't lose your confidence if you slip, be grateful for a pleasant trip,
And pick yourself up, dust off, start over again.
Work like a soul inspired until the battle of the day is won.
You may be sick and tired, but you be a man, my son.
Will you remember the famous men who have to fall to rise again,
So take a deep breath, pick yourself up, start all over again...


Ahhh, Old Blue Eyes....if only life were that simple. But there is some wisdom to that. And that is exactly what we are trying to do.

A day after we came back from out amazing respite thanks to FPS, Eric had to go to Sloan for a CT Scan, and to meet with his oncologist followed by treatment. It was a long day to say the least, and he was stuck up there himself.

Sadly eric was told by Dr. Kemeny that they found more tumors on the liver. I guess this was to be expected, considering the PET Scan glowed when he had his tumor removal surgery a few weeks back, but it is still tough to hear nonetheless. I was hoping that the rounds of chemo since the surgery would have made them nonexistent, but those suckers are fighting the chemo and not backing down. Luckily, Eric handled it ok, and even posted on facebook a status about how it looks like this beast (cancer) wants to go a few more rounds with him, but he's ready to keep fighting it. He said he won't give up. Its a beautiful thing to see despite getting pretty shitty news. I am so proud of him.

On the plus side his CEA level FINALLY went down to 6 after holding steady at 7.9 for over a month. In the words of Madea...


So we keep fighting on. Taking every day as a gift from God, being thankful for all that we do have, and continue to be blessed by crossing paths with special people during this journey. I have said this before, and I truly mean it, if it had not been for this experience, I don't think we would have learned what love means. Love isn't just a word or a feeling, it's an action too. And we have been shown love in so many places we may never have seen it. I have also learned a lot about life. Wisdom and beautiful secrets usually only those with many more years then I get to share. As much as cancer sucks, and boy does it suck, we are lucky. Without cancer, we would have never been so truly blessed and touched in so many ways. Much love and happiness to all who read this....(if anyone even does).


1 comment: